March 17, 2011

Last night I was thinking about all the funny things I want to remember about my kids at certain points in their lives. Dane is almost a year and a half and just has the funniest personality. I try to compare him to Ellie at that age and they have so many similarities but a lot of differences too.

He is the weirdest eater. This kid survives on Rice Krispies alone most days. There was a few days when he was really into "cuties" (the oranges) and ate seven at one sitting. He HATES bread and cheese but he loves grilled cheese sandwiches. Milk has never been his favorite until he discovered cereal milk. He will drink all his cereal milk and ask for more but if I put just milk in a sippy he will not drink it.

Now that he is talking more and more, he speaks with attitude. When he gets irritated with someone he will yell GO! over and over. When we take Chris to work Dane will say bye as soon as we turn into the entrance. He and Ellie yell at each other over toys and sippy cups and sometimes just to see who can be the loudest.

His favorite thing in the whole world (next to me) is his raggy brown blanket, especially if he gets a pacifier at the same time. He carries that thing around and smells it all day. I used to do the same thing as a kid. When he's feeling generous he'll even put the blanket in someone else's face so they can experience the joy of smelling it. He also has a special giraffe stuffed animal that used to be Ellie's. It has a very soft tail that he loves to smell and rub all over his face when he can't find his blanket.

He loves to dance and play chase and wrestle. Dane still has the best laugh of any kid I've ever met and is so easy to get going. He likes dogs and loves playing outside. He's such a fun kid and I can't believe it's already been a year and a half.

1 comment:

Brooklyn said...

Watch out, next thing you know he's going to be pulling your slip out of your dress at church.

Karma.