June 16, 2008

5K Day

I forgot to mention that as my one year Ellie anniversary i decided to set a goal for myself to run a 5K. First of all I hate running and always have so i thought i would push myself to get in better shape than i was and hopefully learn to enjoy it. I still don't enjoy it but I now have the satisfaction of completing my goal! Lindsay (the coolest friend ever for doing this with me) and I ran together and she even took turns with me pushing Ellie in the jogging stroller...which had flat tires by the way i noticed when we were done. At one point we were passed by a 75 year old lady but it was fun and we did not come in last which was even better. Next year Lindsay and I are planning a triathalon which involves swimming, biking and of course running. I'm a little worried about drowning because I am not a good swimmer but i'm glad to have something to work towards. Thanks Lindsay!




2 comments:

Shawn and Cami and Max and Annie said...

Way to go!! I shoulddo something like that.

John and Jada McFarlane said...

I'm impressed! Good work!